Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: A Kit Movie?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Um, anyone remember those Meet Kit charity parties that were hosted around the country when Kit first came out? Kinda like the fashion shows they still have? They featured food, crafts, and a film, Kit's World.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm guessing that she would have made the movie within the past year or so, making her 12 or 13. Also, did anyone notice that Nellie story starts two years later than Sam's did? So if there is going to be a best friend doll with this movie, the friends could be 2 years older.
    There may be a RUTHIE doll in the future. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sarah, that would make sense. Did you see the film? I've never heard of it, but I've never been to an AG party. I probably let my imagination run away with me a bit! [img]wink.gif[/img] But I think that whatever it is, it has already been made, because of the reference to it happening before she was in a movie in 2000.

    I sent American Girl an e-mail, and I'll share if I get a response.


    Dear American Girl:

    The WB website mentions a movie called "American Girls: Kit's World," starring Kay Panabaker. ( http://www.thewb.com/Faces/CastBio/0...166654,00.html )

    Could you tell me more about the film? I'm a long-time AG customer and have never heard of the movie before. Is it affiliated with American Girl?

    Thanks!



    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 26, 2004 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh, Melissa, I can't to hear what you get back from AG. I have only vague memories of the film. I believe it was 3 modern-day friends playing with someone's new Kit doll who went to see a grandmother or neighbor who told the girls about what life was like in Kit's time.

    I was 19/20 and attending U of A, but I got a friend to go the function with me; it was fun! We made paper flowers, and there was a little basket at each table (which sat about 10 people) that we put the flowers into. The baskets were collected to be taken to a retirement home. The other craft was making a purse out of red felt that had a Scotty dog button on it. (We just had to use the white string to sew it together. I was at the same level as all the girls there, having no previous sewing experience. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I also brought my boyfriend to a Josefina function around the time Lindsey came out. So if anyone ever wants to attend an AG event (which lately have only been fashion shows), by all means, go! Don't feel silly. You will impress everyone at your table with your AG knowledge.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sarah, the parties sound fun! I remember when I was younger I used to get invited to Samantha Ice Cream parties from a charity...not quite a national event for a doll release, but it still sounded interesting.

    I wish they would put the films of dolls onto video for those of us who can't see them. I bet people would buy the films, even if they're only shorts, especially if they put them all on one tape/DVD.

  6. #16
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Sure enough there is a Film about Kit. Directed by John Roach.

    Found the actresses resume and it is listed under films NOT under Theater.

    Here is the link:
    LInk to Resume citing film

    I have actually gone in to ask about the AG movie. Both on her WB listing and on her web site. We shall see what the response is......

  7. #17
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be interested to find out what they say Melissa. Thanks for writing to AG! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh my goodness!

    Well, I guess like many others, I sort of have mixed emotions on this: Sure, I really want to see an AG movie, I just don't know if I like this once quaint, historical dolls company to go so big into the movie industry. I'm sure the movie will do well and all given the how big AG's popularity is now, but it's almost risky for them to go into second film before they even know how the first will turn out.

    Thanks so much for all this new info!!! Good hunting!

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    P.S. For all "Alias" fans out there, Merrin Dungery (sp?)- the Frankie/Alison Doren character on the show- is going to be on the WB's "Summerland" as well. Which is good news, considering there is no new "Alias" till January! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I got a response, but I don't know if it helps with a concrete answer.

    I don't like to reprint other people's e-mails, but the gyst of it is "The WB Network [has] exclusive film rights to create made-for-TV movies" and that more movies may follow Samantha's.

    The other possibility, though, is that the customer service representative that responded to me didn't know that a short film had been made (?).

    Unfortunately, I think the actress (or her agent?) is causing confusion by listing something that perhaps isn't supposed to be public knowledge yet. Or, if they are referring to a short film played at Kit's premiere, it should say: "(limited release)." Her resume says: "Plays younger," which is interesting.

    Based on what I heard through e-mail, I think it's still a mystery!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 27, 2004 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •